About the frogplay world championshipS
+ ABOUT THE FROGPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS?
The FrogPlay Championships are designed to get students and schools excited about independent learning through the use of FrogPlay in a fun, meaningful way from 8 April - 31 May 2018.
So, join in the fun!
+ WHY SHOULD I JOIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?
By participating, your students and teachers will think critically and collaborate on building good teaching and learning habits.
The FrogPlay Championships will help your students and school to compete on a world stage!
+ IS MY SCHOOL ELIGIBLE TO JOIN THE FROGPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS?
The FrogPlay Championship is an online competition and is open to:
- Malaysia: Government schools under 1BestariNet, with access to Yes 4G and FrogPlay or, Frog Appliance Schools with access to FrogPlay
- UK and other countries: Schools with access to FrogPlay.
+ WHAT WILL MY SCHOOL NEED TO DO TO PARTICIPATE?
For Yes 4G Schools and schools from the UK & other countries, just use FrogPlay between 8 April - 31 May 2018, and encourage your school to use FrogPlay as much as possible!
For the Appliance League (Appliance School Category), just use FrogPlay between 7 May - 1 June 2018, and encourage your school to use FrogPlay as much as possible! Please ensure that your Frog Appliance is turned on so that your Frog VLE can be updated with access to FrogPlay!
Think about how you can get teachers, students, SLTs and even parents involved in initiatives to get your school excited about independent learning!
+ DO I NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF MY USAGE OF FROGPLAY?
Don’t worry, we will do the tracking for you! Your usage of FrogPlay is automatically tracked via our system and your achievements are tracked via our Leaderboards!
+ STILL HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR US?
Reach out to email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the Championships!
fROGPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS TIPS & ROLES
+ WHERE CAN I FIND EXAMPLES OF INITIATIVES CREATED BY OTHER SCHOOLS?
You can find these stories and inspirational stories from other schools on our Lilypad blog.
+ WHAT IS MY ROLE DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIPS?
I am a... TEACHER
- Encourage use of FrogPlay for your students
- Sign up for a Power Pack to get special avatar codes and weekly reports this form
- Enable use of FrogPlay by collaborating with other teachers, SLTs and even parents
- Have fun and use FrogPlay to learn as much as you can
- Get your friends excited to join the Championship
- Support your child by enabling their learning with FrogPlay
- Work with your PIBG and collaborate on school initiatives
- Enable your child’s access to data and devices at home so they can use FrogPlay
- Encourage your district or state to participate
+ AS A TEACHER, HOW CAN I HELP ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO USE FROGPLAY MORE?
The possibilities are endless! Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Use quizzes for exam revision
- Assign quizzes as homework
- Engage students and use quizzes in lessons
- Encourage independent learning and use quizzes in replacement classes
+ STILL HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR US?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the Championship.
+ JUDGING FOR STUDENT PRIZES?
Students will be selected based on the following criteria for the World and Country Champions Prize.
To gain the most leaderboard points and win, students will need to compete quizzes in FrogPlay as follows:
Effort (time spent) Spend your time completing quizzes and learning through FrogPlay!
Consistency Complete quizzes consistently every day of the Championship to earn bonus points!
Appropriateness Complete quizzes appropriate for your year so you can gain the most points and learn effectively! If you are a student in Primary 5, doing quizzes for Primary 5 or higher will get you more points than doing quizzes below your year.
Your total points as reflected in the leaderboard will be earned from these factors.
+ JUDGING FOR SCHOOL PRIZES?
Your school needs to come together to support your students! The school can gain points on the Leaderboard according to:
- Time spent by students: The amount of time spent by students taking quizzes.
This denotes the effort that your students were able to spend to complete quizzes in FrogPlay.
- Student usage of FrogPlay: Number of teachers accessing FrogPlay.
The higher the number of students using FrogPlay (relative to your school size), the more points your school earns!
- Teacher usage of FrogPlay: Number of teachers accessing FrogPlay.
Teachers’ usage of FrogPlay helps you in the Championships, but also enables your school to benefit from the reports to view student performance!
- Unique quizzes completed by students: Number of diﬀerent quizzes taken by students in the school.
The more quizzes students do, the more they can learn!
- Quizzes created: Number of quizzes created by teachers.
This denotes teachers’ efforts in supporting students - the more quizzes students have access to, the more they can learn!
- Quizzes shared to Community:Number of quizzes shared to the community by teachers in the school.
This denotes the school’s effort in contributing content to the community - your quizzes can help students across the nation!
To stand a chance at winning School Prizes, shortlisted schools will be required to submit a report of your successes!
Here are some questions to ask yourselves. Are your initiatives:
Enabling students to be active users of FrogPlay?
Continuously engaging for students and teachers to participate throughout the World Championship?
Empowering your community with the capacity to impact the school positively to build good teaching and learning habits?
Sustainable to generate good long-term teaching and learning habits?
Enabling teachers to use applications within the Frog VLE such as sites, FrogPlay quiz builder, Community quizzes etc?
+ HOW MANY PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN OUT FOR STUDENTS?
A. World Champions Student Prize - We will be rewarding 6 students in total:
Top 3 primary students & Top 3 secondary students.
Prizes listed here.
B. Country Champions Prize
Yes 4G School League, UK & other countries We will be rewarding 6 students in total: Top 3 primary students & Top 3 secondary students. Prizes listed here.
Frog Appliance League We will be rewarding 3 students in total. Prizes listed here.
+ HOW MANY PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN OUT FOR SCHOOLS?
A. World School Prize
We will be rewarding 3 schools in total:
Prizes listed here.
B. Country School Prize
Yes 4G School League, we will be rewarding 6 schools in total. Prizes listed here.
Frog Appliance League We will be rewarding 3 schools in total. Prizes listed here.
+ IS THERE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION BETWEEN WORLD AND COUNTRY PRIZES?
No, eligible schools and its students are automatically qualified to be in the running for the prizzes upon submitting the registration between 8 April - 31 May 2018.